Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) is an initiative of National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi. The aim was to develop an institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students.
Every year this centre provides financial support to a good number of students for developing innovative products. Up to one lakh rupees is made available for each idea. Apart from this financial support we are providing mentoring and Infrastructural support for these projects.Also this centre arranges many classes and camps to promote technology based innovation and entrepreneurship among the students.
Inspiration behind the starting of IEDC
Our long-term goal is to create an engineering city of three hundred acres in area, owned by the management out of which the present campus occupies fifty acres and to develop a technological centre to uplift the rural community
- Many of our students have shown consistent interest to get more knowledge about entrepreneurship to be competent in the modern world.
A good many of our students and teachers have successfully used their talents to develop innovative products and won several national level project contests and got funds for product development from various research and development institutes around the country.
There are no other centers in our district or neighboring districts for guidance in the field of entrepreneurship.
The scope of rural technology development is very high because our college is located in a rural setting with most people depending on traditional farming methods.
Our management and empowered faculty members are trying to provide technology based solutions to the problems faced by the agrarian rural community and these efforts have been streamlined through IEDC.
- KSCSTE (Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment)
- KSIDC (Kerala State Industry Development Coorparation)
- Spices Board (Govt of India)
- ISBA (Indian STEPs and Business Incubators Association)
- Kerala Startup mission,Trivandrum
- NSTEDB (National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board)
- IEI (Institution of Engineers India)
- MSME Development Institute , Thrissur
- Directorate of Industries and Commerce, Government of Kerala
- APIN (Asia Pacific Incubation Network)
- EDII (Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India) Ahmedabad & Trissur
- Malayala Manorama - Malayalam news Daily
- RRII (Rubber Research Institute of India)
- R&D wing of Commissionerate of Persons with disabilities
- Various STEPs (Science and Technology Entrepreneurs Parks) , TBIs, IEDCs, EDCs
Thinking is the Capital. Enterprise is the Way. Hard Work is the Solution.